Silves is a serene spot at the foot of the Monchique mountain, but it is anything other than 'a walk in the park' - a drive at the opening hole has to flirt with water hazards on both flanks.
This course is for players - low handicaps will find it a serious challenge to come in under par. But high handicaps (with concentration) will be able to enjoy their round.
Most holes offer spectacular mountain views overlooking palm trees and olive groves, the surrounding cork and citrus farms generate a true feeling of authentic Portuguese golf.
Relax after the challenge
The Silves Clubhouse is 10 km away from the historical town of Silves with his famous Moorish castle and welcomes each golfer to an enjoyable golf game by offering a full complement of services such as:
- The Pro Shop, with well-known international golf brands.
- Club and buggy rental.
- Changing facilities.
- Restaurant and Bar, with beautiful views to the fairways of the 1st and 2nd hole.
- Full reception facilities.
- Buggy Bar.
The golf reception is open every day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the winter, and to 9 p.m. in the summer.
The opening hours of the Restaurant and Bar are every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. for breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner. Service includes traditional Portuguese and International cuisine, vegetarian, diabetic meals and even early suppers for children (on request).
Rules & Etiquette
The rules of the royal and ancient golf club of st. Andrews as endorsed by the portuguese golf federation apply.
- Out of Bounds - white stakes and/or lines/boundary walls.
- Water Hazards - yellow stakes and/or lines.
- Lateral Water Hazards - red stakes and/or lines.
- Ground Under Repair - blue stakes and/or lines.
- Stones in Bunkers are Movable Obstructions (rule nº 24-1)
- Immovable Obstructions - sprinklerheads, control boxes, drainage grills, manhole covers, wells, permanent buildings, bridges, footpaths, buggy paths, rocks along buggy paths and service roads. (rule nº 24-2)
- Protection of Young Trees - if a wire enclosed, staked, or tagged tree interferes with a player's stance or area of swing, theball shall be lifted and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in rule 24-2b (i) immovable obstruction. The ball may be cleaned when lifted.
- Wrong Putting Green - rule n.º25-3: ball must be dropped off wrong putting-green, not nearer the hole, without penalty.
HANDICAP LIMITS: Men 27 / Ladies 35
- The player shall report to the starter not less than 5 minutes before his/her starting time.
- The player who fails to do so loses his/her starting time.
- Noplayershall play without permission from the starter.
- It is the duty of every group of players to let faster players through.
- The player shall follow the instructions of the course marshals.
- An 18 hole round shall not last longer than 4 hours 30 minutes.
- The player shall replace divots and shall repair pitch marks at all times.
- During peak golfing times, the form of play will be for balls.
- Management reserves the right to combine players to satisfy this requirement.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave our premises if your behavior is not in accordancewith the club's rules.
- No refund will be issued in the event of the rules not being adhered to.
- The player should wear proper golf shoes.
- The player must not wear casual shorts, jeans, sleeveless shirts or track suits.
- When hiring a buggy the player will be responsible in accordance with the buggy-rentalagreement.
- 90º Rule apply at all times.
NOTE: Pestana Golf & Resort Carvoeiro accept no responsibility for any accidents and/or damage that may occur through the use of their golf courses.
At Silves Golf Course in the Algarve we arrange many Tournaments for golf membership algarve and vistors to join, please visit: