Internationally known, the Vila Sol golf course managed by thePestanaGroup, is now part of the Algarve’s most sought after golf courses. Having been inaugurated in 1991 with the signature of the architect Donald Steel, "Vila Sol, is living proof that dreams can be realized. Located in the Central Algarve the Vila Sol Hotel and Golf resort is set in 75 acres of natural beauty and accommodates these two magnificent golf courses,PestanaVila Sol Championship and Pestana Vila Sol Academy Golf CourseChampionship Golf Course -18 holes
Currently with start point at tee one, the course is planned to give all visitors who come to play at Vila Sol Golf in the Algarve a course where the preservation of the natural environment is sharply in mind.
The scenario consists of a pine, almond and fig trees, plants, flowers, lakes and streams, which all add to the pleasure and challenge of completing 72 strokes at this championship golf course, making the experience unforgettable from first to last shot.Pestana Village Sol Academy Golf Course -9 holes
For groups of professionals or for those who want a faster start and short game, this golf course gives the opportunity for a major golf training session which also encompasses a driving range of 300 meters, two putting greens, with chip areas, bunkers, and 9 holes tee shots ( the nine hole golf Academy course covers the 19th to 27th and allows classes to be customized, with a golf course of excellence, a fantastic layout and a unique natural environment. PestanaVila Sol Golf, one of a range of PestanaGolf Courses in the Algarve
Rules & Etiquette
The rules of the royal and ancient golf club of st. Andrews as endorsed by the portuguese golf federation apply.
REGRAS DO CLUBE HANDICAP LIMITS: Men 27 / Ladies 35.
- Out of bounds - White stakes and/or lines/boundary walls.
- Water hazards - Yellow stakes and/or lines.
- Lateral hazards - Red stakes and/or lines.
- Ground under repair - Blue stakes and/or lines.
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (Rule Nº 24-1)
- Immovable Obstructions - Sprinklerheads, control boxes, drainage grills, manhole covers, wells, permanent buildings, bridges, footpaths, buggy paths, rocks along buggy paths and service roads. (Rule Nº 24-2)
- Protection of young trees - If a wire enclosed, staked, or tagged tree interferes with a player's stance or area of swing, theball shall be lifted and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b (i) Immovable Obstruction. The ball may be cleaned when lifted.
- Wrong putting green - Rule N.º25-3: Ball must be dropped off wrong putting-green, not nearer the hole, without penalty.
CÓDIGO DE VESTUÁRIO
- The player shall report to the starter not less than 5 minutes before his/her starting time.
- The player who fails to do so loses his/her starting time.
- Noplayershall play without permission from the starter.
- It is the duty of every group of players to let faster players through.
- The player shall follow the instructions of the course marshals.
- An 18 hole round shall not last longer than 4 hours 30 minutes.
- The player shall replace divots and shall repair pitch marks at all times.
- During peak golfing times, the form of play will be for balls.
- Management reserves the right to combine players to satisfy this requirement.
We reserve the right to ask you to leave our premises if your behavior is not in accordancewith the club's rules. No refund will be issued in the event of the rules not being adhered to.
- The player should wear proper golf shoes.
- The player must not wear casual shorts, jeans, sleeveless shirts or track suits.
- When hiring a buggy the player will be responsible in accordance with the buggy-rentalagreement.
- 90º Rule apply at all times.
Pestana Golf & Resort Carvoeiro accept no responsibility for any accidents and/or damage that may occur through the use of their golf courses.